Learn at MOA®!
From student presentations to behind the scenes tours and physics packages—there are many educational experiences + resources at the numerous attractions and stores throughout the Mall.
Grab a chemistry set at Amazon 4-Star, take a virtual field trip to Crayola Experience or sharpen your problem-solving skills with a virtual or in-person escape room at The Escape Game. Scroll down to check out all of the educational resources at MOA for the whole family.
Nickelodeon Universe® Physics Program
Our Explore Education Physics Program is geared toward middle to high school students and is free of charge, the only cost associated with the program is that of the wristband/tickets to Nickelodeon Universe®.
The Physics Program is a self-guided tour. There are both student and teacher versions of our most updated Physics Packets. There are in-class lab/ activities within the Teacher version.
At FlyOver America, we know it's important for your youth group to get the most out of a field trip. That's why we provide a comprehensive curriculum centered around all aspects of The Ultimate Flying Ride.
The Ultimate Flying Ride offers two rates for youth groups of 15 or more. The student rate is for educational purposes brought by a school district. The youth rate is for other activity groups serving youth under 12 years old including scouts or community groups.
This virtual field trip is packed full of hands-on fun, with 3-Hours of Go-At-Your-Own-Pace creative activities:
- 2 Pre-Recorded Shows
- 7 Hands-On Attraction Activities
- 1 Scavenger Hunt
- Personalized Creativity Kits Per Child
- Official Rainbow Award per Child!
- Free Ticket Per Child
The Escape Game
The Escape Game offers multiple learning experiences, including:
- Remote Adventures - These are virtual experiences of our physical escape rooms that students and teachers can experience from anywhere over Zoom.
- TEG Field Trips - Students can sharpen their problem-solving skills with our free Lost at the Smithsonian game, which features the Smithsonian National Museum of Natural History's virtual tour.
- In-Store experiences - our store is still open for in person adventures.
SeaLife Minnesota Aquarium
Tours See first-hand how we care for thousands of animals with an exclusive Behind-the-Scenes Tour! This tour is a 45-minute trip to our food-prep kitchen, laboratory and the top of the tanks above the aquarium exhibits.
Pre-K to 5th Grade topics include:
- Homes in the Sea: Habitats
- Survival at Sea: Animal Adaptations
- What’s for Lunch? Food Chains
Middle School and High School topics include:
- Sensational Senses
- Ocean Conservation
- Marine Science Careers
Mall of America® Behind the Scenes
Mall of America® is now offering official behind the scenes tours. This walking tour will include a history of Mall of America, the business case behind its success – and along the way you will discover hidden secrets and behind the scenes glimpses that will show the Mall in an entirely new light.
Highlights will include:
- Exploring the north entrance to MOA and understanding the importance of tourism industry
- A guided tour through portions of the mall (it’s far too large to walk the entire mall in one hour)
- Finding hidden gems inside Nickelodeon Universe including unique tributes to Minnesota sports history
- Behind the scenes glimpse of portions of the mall that are typically off limits to visitors
- Creative storytelling that will leave a lasting impression
Tourism Products and Services
- Student Presentations – Virtual + In Person Options Available ($6.95 per person)
- Tour Leaders and Bus Drivers Lunch Program
- Educator training
Mall of America Offers Free Wi-Fi
Returning to school is going to be a challenge and an entirely new learning experience for many Minnesota families. As your children begin the school year – whether it is online, in person or a combination – know that you and your children are welcome at Mall of America. If your family struggles with Wi-Fi or online access, or you simply need a change of scenery to inspire the students in your household, MOA offers free, reliable internet access for those in our building. We have plenty of tables and seating available in our two massive food courts and our doors open at 8:00 a.m. each day. Parents are required to accompany their school age kids for this opportunity.